Legal Question in Family Law in California

My divorce was final in Feburary of this year. My ex husband agreed to and set the amount of alimony he would pay if I didn't take any of his retirement. He has now served me with papers to ammend and lower my monthly support payments. Is ther any way that since he has now changed our original agreement that I can attempt to obtain part of his retirement?

Asked on 5/20/13, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You would have to file a motion to set aside the settlement agreement you entered into. There are strict timelines and very few grounds to do so. I suggest you speak to a competent family law attorney or a family law facilitator.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 5:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California