Legal Question in Family Law in California

on divorce

I am living seperately from my husband at my parents place since last 1.5 years since i came to know he is fake n he married me for my money . Now he is not ready to gv mutual consent divorce. If I file for divorce would my case be strong as do not hv proof against him except e-mails where he is flirting with some girls on chat . If I do not file for divorce does he hv right on my parents property which after their death will be to me???? Would I hv to pay him if i file for divorce????

Asked on 5/19/09, 3:23 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

RAJIV GUPTA (Cell: +91 9811284735) [email protected]

Re: on divorce

i think u getting afraid of the situation unnecessarily. which place in india u belong to . in case you want divorce, u would get it. need not worry for nothing. you dont have to pay him for divorce. u may call me for further assistance at 09811284735

Read more
Answered on 5/20/09, 2:53 am

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

Re: on divorce

The e-mail flirtation proof may be sufficient for initiating his criminal prosecution under section 498-A IPC and the domestic violence laws.

You may also claim sufficient damages.

After his criminal prosecution, he himself may ask for divorce.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/09, 11:58 am
Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

Re: on divorce

contact personally if possible with full details Consulting chgs Rs 100/- only.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/09, 8:34 am
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: on divorce

California is a no fault state. All that is required is for one of the parties to decide that the marriage is over, that is there are irreconcilable differences. The court has no interest in what those differences are. If either you or your husband reside in India filing for a divorce there may be the most beneficial for you.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/09, 1:00 pm

Re: on divorce

you dont worry. you dont have to pay anything except you can claim maintenance from him and many other expenditures.

For more enquiry plz contact


[email protected]

Mobile: 09814110005

Read more
Answered on 5/20/09, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California