Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hello, I was divorced in Virginia and now reside in California. My Ex wife lives in Arizona. She currently owes me eight thousand dollars is child support that was overpaid to her through the Va child support agency. I called them about getting credited for the amount. They stated I would need to get a judgment from a court to get the support I pay her amended until the balance is paid. Can I do this from California?

Asked on 6/22/16, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Maybe, but it has to be done in the VA court that issued the original orders.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/16, 6:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California