Legal Question in Family Law in California

Emergency Child Custody Hearing San Bernardino

We need a good low cost attorney who is a Dad's law advocate in San Bernardino who can help us immediately. When is it appropriate and how do you file an emeregency custody hearing? Here's the short version. Visitation and joint legal custody with mother (never married) having Primary Physical Custody was ordered 10-07-02. Mother disappeared with child for 5 years. Child suffered parent alienation syndrome induced by mother. Alleged child abuse by mother to daughter CPS involvement in 2004. Child is now 15 and has run away 3 times to escape motherís abuse. Child found father to escape mother and is now visiting father and wants to live with father and is fearful to return to mother. Child due back Wednesday August 6, 2008 and does not want to go home to mother. Father has been remarried for 14 years and can provide better home for child and child wants to live with father. Thanks for the reply if you can help.

Asked on 8/04/08, 11:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rhonda Ellifritz Law Offices of Rhonda Ellifritz

Re: Emergency Child Custody Hearing San Bernardino

I need more information, but you may not even be able to file here. Did you file a report or charges against her for kidnapping? Usually you file where the child resides most of the time. If your daughter is being abused, did you file a report with the police? You will need to file an Ex Parte, but call me so we can determine the proper court.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/08, 2:47 pm

Robert Mccoy Law Office Of Robert McCoy

Re: Emergency Child Custody Hearing San Bernardino

It would be appropropriate to file for an emergency custody hearing immediately. You should be able to get a court hearing within a few days.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/08, 3:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California