Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have an evidentiary hearing coming up in Riverside County in California. My 16 year old child would like to speak to the judge to express thier feelings on where they would like to live. Can she speak with the judge at that hearing?

Asked on 12/29/09, 3:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

That is up to the judge. The judge determines what evidence he or she considers relevant. Generally 16yo's are heard, either in person or through a written statement, but not in every case.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/10, 6:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California