Legal Question in Family Law in California

Family Law

I recently went to court in May 2006. Father requested at the time that we start meeting half way to exchange our child. He wanted help with the burden. The burden he put on himself. The order was granted that we start meeting half way. He mentioned to the court back in 03 that he would be moving up north because that's where his girlfriend lived. He was told then that if he moves farther from child he's responsible for picking and dropping her off. He's now moved even farther, he's moved even furthur up north but it was still ordered that we meet halfway. I don--name removed--think it's fair that I have to drive outside of san diego to get and pick up child when he decided to leave. Sinse the order it's been nothing but trouble when I ask to try and meet up an hour earlier or an hour later, he refuses to change the time and tells me if i'm not there by the court ordered time then i'm abondaning my child. Then the next day my child misses school because he chooses to be difficult. I don--name removed--think it's right for me to have to add that expense to myself when I already do all the other work of raising her. Take her school, her practice, her games, her doctor appoitments etc....

Asked on 2/21/07, 2:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: Family Law

You should consult with an attorney. As a general rule I would think that he should be providing most of the transportation. Determine the amount it costs you to provide for 1/2 of the transportation. Also you could ask that the receiving parent provide the transportation. This will place the burden of picking up the child on him, and you for the return of the child. It will also stop the dispute resolving about the exchange.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/07, 11:48 pm

Re: Family Law

You may find it economical to hire an attorney. Call me directly or e-mail me at the address below.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/07, 3:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California