Legal Question in Family Law in California

What can I do as a father where my ex partner doesn’t want me to see my baby when I’m off work or even pick her up so I can spend time with my baby. I want to spend time with my baby and have her over my house without her come with the baby.

Asked on 10/24/22, 6:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Parenting between unmarried parents is the same under the law as if you were married and got divorced. You need to establish in court that you are the father, and then petition for orders for shared custody. Bear in mind, though, that the shared custody orders will also require setting up a child support payment. Which parent pays the other and how much is decided based on income and how much time the child spends with each parent.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/22, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California