Legal Question in Family Law in California

Before my fiance and I get married, we would like to know what form or process we need to go through to document that the house we are currently lving in will remain in his name only. (I didn't invest into this house and have no interst in it).

Can this only be addressed through a pre-nup? there is no other property etc. that we would need an agreement on.

we live in california

can you please be specific and tell me what forms are needed and how to start the process please?

we plan to get married next month

Asked on 4/14/14, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


First of all, if that is what both of you want, then the Deed should still remain in his name. Further, if you are waiving any interest that you may acquire, should you ultimately get a divorce, (which hopefully for you, will not happen), then you should get a pre-nuptial agreement drawn up by an attorney.


Read more
Answered on 4/14/14, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California