Legal Question in Family Law in California

If i file for divorce and my wife wont sign the papers what options do i have?

Asked on 7/01/13, 3:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

She doesn't have to sign any papers for you to get divorced. You serve her with the petition and summons, and if she fails to respond, you then proceed by way of default.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 4:02 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I assume by signing papers you mean a divorce settlement. If you do not settle your case goes to trial.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 10:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California