Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filed for custody in Sacramento County where we both lived. We reconciled and did not follow through with custody because we were together. Unfortunately she has decided it will not work out . We now both live in San Joaquin County. How do I refile , reopen or transfer paper work to the new county? I can't find the forms to reissue my paper work. San Joaquin county tells me I have to do the homework myself to figure it out.

Asked on 6/19/17, 9:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Most likely the simplest solution is to dismiss the Sacramento County case, and then file a new case in San Joaquin County. The Sacramento Family Court Self-Help Center can't give you legal advice, but they should be able to help you with the forms and procedures to get the Sacramento County case dismissed.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/17, 12:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California