Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filled for divorce 4 yrs ago and nothing has really happened. I am currently living with someone since my divorce is not final can I be in a domestic partnership with someone?

Asked on 11/05/13, 9:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

First off, you cannot be in a domestic partnership with someone who is not the same sex unless one of you qualifies for social security retirement benefits. Second, even if you qualify for a domestic partnership, you cannot enter into one until your divorce is final, anymore than you can legally re-marry until your divorce is final.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/13, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California