Legal Question in Family Law in California

Me and my ex are trying to finalize our divorce. We have no children, no community assets or debts and neither of us want spousal support, it's completely uncontested, so we have decided to file FL 130 and FL 144, and I have already typed up our judicial stipulation/agreement letter. The problem is, is that my ex lives in Texas and I live in Calif. How do I go about notarizing our agreement letter when he's over there and I'm here?

Asked on 5/28/13, 8:10 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Catherine Schwartz Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz

Please call our office at (951) 686-8190 and we would be happy to set up a free phone consultation where one of our attorneys can help answer your questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 1:35 pm

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

He has the agreement notarized in Texas. This should satisfy the requirement that his signature be notarized. Your signature would be notarized in California.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 1:51 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Johnson. If a notary is required, you can have him get his signature notarized with a Texas notary.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California