Legal Question in Family Law in California

My friend got a divorce in Tennessee. She has since moved to California and wants to know if the divorce can be moved to California because the children now live with her in California 320 days a year. She only gets $200 per month for each child.

Asked on 8/15/13, 10:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Not unless the father has moved out of TN or he agrees.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 10:08 pm

Joseph Waters Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq.

If there is a child support order from Tennessee, she can register the child support order here in California so California can enforce the order (if necessary).

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California