Legal Question in Family Law in California

Good morning, my daughter was married 6 years ago in California. On Friday of last week he served her divorce papers stating that he wants nothing financially from her and she will want nothing financially from him moving forward. 3 years ago they agreed that she would go back to school to get a Doctorate degree in Physio-therapy. The course load is very heavy and does not allow for her to be employed. Is he financially responsible for her until the divorce is final? Or does she need to put in a formal request to the courts for support? She graduates in May and gets licensed in June. Thanks

Asked on 1/17/22, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

She will need to file responsive papers and ask for an emergency temporary support order.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/22, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California