Legal Question in Family Law in California

can you be granted a divorce if the other party did not return their divorce papers

Asked on 8/24/09, 9:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

If you mean that the other person did not respond to the petition for dissolution of marriage petition, the answer is yes. You would file the required paperwork to obtain the default and a default judgment dissolving the marriage.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/09, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California