Legal Question in Family Law in California

At my last hearing the Judge talked to my husband about withholding money from me and that was one of the worst actions he could do, etc. At the end, he told him to "get out of here and make it right," (put money back in joint account like before; including paychecks/commissions/bonus's until there is a temporary order by the court. When we returned home my husband did not follow instructions and still continues to withhold money from me. Our next hearing date is March 15th. On March 15th he will determine temporary money in the Order to Show Cause. On April 1st (two weeks later) our home rental lease is up. I cannot rent a place because I don't have money to get a place for my children and myself. Would this be a legitimate Ex-parte notice since we will need somewhere to live? I realize that Ex'parte notices are sometimes difficult to get so didn't want to waste court time if I would to told not and to wait till March 15 (hearing date - but only 2 weeks before lease is up).

Thank you so much!!


Asked on 2/18/18, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Is there any way that you can get a lease extension? You need a little bit of more time for the judge to make the necessary rulings and enforcement of getting you paid. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/18, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California