Legal Question in Family Law in California

My husband and I are divorcing and now want to represent ourselves (after having been represented by our own attorneys). My attorney has signed the substitution of attorney form, my husband's attorney will not. What recourse do we have at this point if his attorney doesn't sign the form?

Asked on 11/28/10, 7:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You don't have any say in the matter. It is between him and your attorney. Personally, it sounds like a trick to have you get rid of your attorney so you will be unrepresented in family court and he will have an attorney with a story.

Read more
Answered on 12/03/10, 7:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California