Legal Question in Family Law in California

My husband is leaving me - can i immediately change my life insurance beneficiary, retirement beneficiary and 401 beneficiary to my children or do we have to be legally seperated first

Asked on 9/01/13, 7:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

If your husband has a community property interest in these assets, the court may require that you restore his name to these benefits. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to assess your legal options.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California