Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have joint custody of my 4 year old daughter. One week with me and one week with the mother. She is going to start school soon so we agreed that I would get her for two weeks at a time until she starts school with her mother. Now she said she didn't say that and want's me to drop her off or she will call the cops. What can i do about this situation?

Asked on 8/24/09, 6:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick McCrary Law Office Of Patrick L. McCrary

If you have not modified the court order you must follow the current order. Oral agreements do not change court orders and are not enforceable. You may want to file a motion to modify the court order, or just not press your luck and leave the order as is. I suggest you consult with an experienced family law attorney who handles custody cases. Good Luck, Pat McCrary

Read more
Answered on 8/25/09, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California