Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm a lesbian and if my ex and I conceived a baby through at home imsemination do I have any rights even if a legal adoption wasn't performed?

Asked on 5/31/13, 11:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

No, not based on those bare facts. Artificial insemination has to go through a licensed doctor to sever the biological father's rights. Send me a private e-mail if you want a referral to an attorney that specializes in these kinds of cases.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 1:32 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I assume by your ex you are referring to another female. I need to know more facts. When you say ex were you ever married? Did you ever file for a domestic partnership? Who's egg was fertilized? There are other facts needed also. If you are in the Tarzana area you are more than welcome to come into my office for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 9:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California