Legal Question in Family Law in California

I live in CA and want to file for divorce because my husband left me. I don't know his home address in order to serve him the papers. What are my options? Can I send it to his work address or something?

Thanks for your help.


Asked on 11/13/10, 5:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Betty Freeman Law Offices of Betty w. Freeman

Your ex will need to be served in person, not just by mail. Can you find out when he works and have someone serve on the work premises on his way in or out?

Read more
Answered on 11/18/10, 5:39 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You can't serve any papers because you are a party to the action. But as Ms. Freeman points out, you can have him served at work by a process server.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/10, 6:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California