Legal Question in Family Law in California

I live in California. I have been my child's custodial parent for 15 and a half years. Her father has never paid child support and has rarely spent time with her. My daughter is a troubled teen and is receiving mental health counseling. I receive state benefits for her because holding a job has been impossible with her behavior. She ran away from home and is with her father in another city without my consent. There are no custody documents on file with the court. Can I take the police to his home and bring my daughter back home with me?

Asked on 5/26/13, 2:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Catherine Schwartz Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz

Please call our office at (951) 686-8190 and we would be happy to set up a free phone consultation where one of our attorneys can help answer your questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 1:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California