Legal Question in Family Law in California

i married my husband in an impromptu flopment while planning our traditional wedding in Nevada. A disolution was started in California and the tenttive ruling for putative status was made during a request for recalandering for health issues of mine. tr was that not enough evidence was submitted to prove reasonable beleif in putative spouse status as requested by my side- This was made void but never anulled as per Nevada divorce law as Ca follows doctrine of state your married in. I wish to sue him again after 5 years and two reconcilliations- im left abandoned and fighting for our daughter. What is my correct corce of action? can i start a new case in my new county? neither lives in original countys jurisdiction and there were mistakes made in prior case by court and thru attorney issues. can i re sue or mistrial/ set aside judgement ? this is a complex out of the box question /im sure .

Asked on 6/24/13, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Are you married or not? If you got married and want to end you file for divorce. The putative spouse doctrine doesn't apply to people who are legally married. What in the world is an improptu flopment? Are you trying to imply that you only cohabited?

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California