Legal Question in Family Law in California

I got married in Las Vegas over 20 years ago. We never consummated our marriage. He abandoned me and I never could find him. I think he's been using my identity for his own profits. Now he filed for divorce. What should I do?

Asked on 8/23/16, 11:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Hire a lawyer. If he's been engaged in identity theft, this is not something you can deal with on your own. It also may be better to get an annulment rather than a divorce, and only a qualified family law attorney can advise you on that.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/16, 11:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California