Legal Question in Family Law in California

I got married in Sri Lanka and I came to USA as a student. We want to get divorce and can I file my divorce here in USA?

Asked on 7/13/13, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You can file in California if you meet the residency requirements.

Each state has different rules of law, however, and it is not clear why you want to get divorced here. The outcomes will depend on which state handles the divorce and what law is applied.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California