Legal Question in Family Law in California

I've been married for 13 years, separated for 1yr, but my husband is dragging his feet on serving paperwork and getting agreement filed which I need for TSP disbursement. I have MS, but unable to file for disability due to years spent at home raising his two children. He won't agree to spousal support, but it's what I genuinely need. I can't afford the home we lived in, but I can't move anywhere else without documented income (in the form of spousal support). I need help filing for emergency support & getting previous agreement filed with court. I can't pay very much at all right now, but I can make agreement to pay from bi-weekly support order & garnishment and/or larger disbursement. Many additional factors unlisted. I would appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Asked on 10/04/22, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Contact the county bar association's lawyer referral service:

Read more
Answered on 10/05/22, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California