Legal Question in Family Law in California

Mediator stated I can not issue a Gavron since my future ex does not agree with one. I was under the impression if I request one there is no legal basis to resist it. How should I proceed

Asked on 8/08/17, 1:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Mediation is a voluntary way to settle a matter. So the mediator is right that nothing your ex does not agree to can be achieved in mediation. You will have to file a motion in court.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/17, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California