Legal Question in Family Law in California

The mother of my child and I split up 7 months ago, we were not married, she is now married and plans to move her and my son in with him. Can I stop this?

Asked on 6/11/13, 10:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Not unless he is a danger to the child.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 10:39 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You may want to speak to a family law attorney about getting a paternity petition in place to protect your custody and visitation rights in the future. You should be prepared to discuss whether or not you signed a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity, and relevant issues such as the age of the child and the amount of time you have spent with him.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California