Legal Question in Family Law in California

i want to move to belgium with my son to be with my fiance(who my son knows as hif dad) i have sole legal/physical custody,with resonable visitation on my part,now the reason its like that is the father did not show to court,he barely made an effort to see him(my son has no clue who he is) now he has made even less of an effort to see his son he seen him on thanksgiving for 5 mins and his bday a motnh ago for 2 mins and hasnt seen him since i heard from him, now i have sent him a notice 6 months ago that i would be moving out of state in a few months he did not protest, i heard that i have to notify the court of my move? now how do i do that? do i really need a family lawyer or can i simply do it myself, and i f i do will i get granted to move? my fiance is all my son knows and we will have a better life in belgium, i have money saved and my fiance is financially stable,and once we get married he would like to adopt my son

Asked on 6/17/13, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

If you want my office can help. Please feel free to call 818 345-0123

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 11:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California