Legal Question in Family Law in California

My parents have been married to each other for about 20 years. They want to have a divorce. Am I involve in the child custody even if I am 18?

Asked on 8/30/13, 12:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

No. You may be subject to child support, if you are still in high school or disabled, but I doubt that will become an issue at this point.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/13, 8:16 am

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

No. Child custody only involves minor children, with a few exceptions for seriously impaired special needs children and similar situations.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/13, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California