Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have been with my partner for 20 years and we have purchased a house but it was in his name only for 15 years of the 20 I contributed my share if not more he move to n.y. and I am in California my question since I have been disabled for the last five years can I collect palamony

Asked on 7/28/13, 2:08 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Saltzman, MBA, JD Law Offices of Mark E. Saltzman

Palimony is a contractual relationship. Essentially, you would be entitled to it, if you can show that your partner promised to support you, in exchange for your doing something. It's a very difficult thing to prove, but it can be proven. You may consider bringing an action to put yourself on title to the home. If you can show that you and your partner had a joint venture, you may be able to correct the title to add yourself. Then, you can have the house sold or financed, giving you money which you need.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 5:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California