Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am the petitioner in my divorce and am a I am the only signer on the home. My spouse signed off on it when I purchased it during our marriage. Will I be ask to buy him out on a mortgage that's underwater?

Asked on 7/15/13, 1:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I don't understand what you mean by buy him out? If you both signed loan papers, then you are both responsible for the promissory note. The family law court can make you the primary obligor, but both of your names would be on the promissory note until the property is financed or the lender consented to and arranged something else.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 10:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California