Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am the petitioner in a divorce, we have a vehicle in both our names. I am, and have bee, the sole driver of the vehicle. For the past 1.5 years as we have been separated, I have paid for the vehicle. Does he have to help pay for 1/2 the payments? I am unemployed and receiving my last unemployment check. We live in California.

Asked on 11/24/10, 5:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary R. White Burton & White

Without a review of your entire financial situation, it is difficult to answer your question. However, if there is a difference in income you may be entitled to financial assistance.

This is not intended to create, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. The answer provided for education purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice. The answer is based upon the facts provided in asking the question. Additional or different facts could change the answer. An attorney should be consulted to obtain legal advice in order for you to understand your legal rights.

If you would like to obtain legal advice about your situation, I am available to consult with you at your convenience. The initial consultation (30 minutes) is free. If you would like my assistance, please contact me at (916) 925-6005.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/10, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California