Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have primary physical custody of my 15 yr. old son in CA. His father wants to move him to Kentucky. Is that legal?

Asked on 3/03/16, 1:40 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Father can move him to Kentucky only if you agree or he obtains a court.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/16, 3:22 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

When there is an existing court order, he can only move the child to another state either by you agreeing to a modification of the order to allow it, or by filing a motion to modify the order and convincing the court at a hearing to allow it.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/16, 5:00 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

The likelihood of father winning on a motion to take the child with him seems remote if the child has been primarily in your custodial care.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/16, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California