Legal Question in Family Law in California

Rent a room

My husband and I own a home together which we both live in - he said he is going to move out but in the mean time I have to find a room mate so I don't loose my home - do I need his permission to rent a room?

Asked on 5/14/09, 11:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Colin Greene Russakow, Greene & Tan, LLP

Re: Rent a room

No, you don't need his "permission." However, spouses owe each other a fiduciary duty until the marriage is terminated, which means legally, you are supposed to disclose, tell him about decisions and actions relating to money issues. If he doesn't make himself available for such communications, do what you need to do.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/09, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California