Legal Question in Family Law in California

i reside in california, i received an "income witholding for support" document in yhe mail today. The plaintiff on the paperwork is my ex wifes name, but she terminated her association with child support 2 years ago. How is it she is the only plantiff listed on this paperwork? How can they do anything on her behalf when she forgave the debit more than 2 years ago?

Asked on 3/11/16, 1:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

More information is needed to better understand if there's a support arrears or some other amount that she claims that you still owe to her that she's trying to deduct by way of a wage assignment. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/16, 4:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California