Legal Question in Family Law in California

I was served with an exparte FL-300 Motion to modify child custody. The form has incorrect information regarding the Courts location and I'm wondering if I can use this in anyway to buy myself more time, as the exparte is set on shortened time. Line number 2 states the date, time, department and room of the court date. Below is line 2B where is states "Address of Court" next to which the box "same as noted above" is checked. However, the Court listed above is incorrect in correlation with the Department (which is only at a different courthouse). This document was stamped twice and still no one seemed to correct this mistake. Any help is appreciated, as I am just trying to get more than three days notice to prepare for this hearing. Thank you :)!

Asked on 4/14/16, 12:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Rather than taking a risk with this tactical imperfection, you should notify the court by appearing at the hearing that you need additional time or alternatively if you must file something within three days, submit a general denial and a request for more time to respond. You would greatly benefit on working with an experienced family law attorney on this complicated matter.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/16, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California