Legal Question in Family Law in California

serving divorce papers to military spouse

My husband is in the military and is currently stationed overseas. We have agreed to file for divorce. How will papers be served to him?

Asked on 9/16/02, 4:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Lindley Edward Lindley, Attorney at Law

Re: serving divorce papers to military spouse

You did say "agreed" to divorce. Try regular mail sent by someone 18 or older other than yourself, and include a form called NOTICE AND ACKNWLEDGEMENT OF RECIEPT for him to sign and return.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/02, 10:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California