Legal Question in Family Law in California

Short story is, last year a was granted primary physical custody of my daughters at the recomendation of a 730 examiner, partally due to her violent behaivor in front of the girls. My ex sees our 9.5 & 6.5 year olds alternate weekends. over the past few months I have noticed a change in my daughters, mostly my 9 year old. she comes home from her mothers and cries about mom ignoring her, yelling at her and putting her in time out over and over again while she is there, for things like asking to call me. She is very rarly in any kind of trouble at home. about 3 weeks ago, my ex called and told me that during one of these time outs, our daughter got so frustrated that she started scartching her self on the face, neck and body. My daughter had already told me all about it on the way home from her mothers house that afternoon. we agreed to call the 730 examiner and get our daughter some help. My ex and I both called the 730 examiner, who told me that I needed to get her in to therapy and I made an appointment right away, emailed my ex and gave her the Dr.'s info. My daughter had 1 visit with the Dr. and then went back to her mom's for the weekend. While she was there my daughter said her my forced her to tell her what she told the Dr. Then I got an email from my ex saying she no longer give her permission for therapy for our daughters. Q: can I take her to her next appointment tomorrow? if not what do I need to do to get my children help. I am fearful that she is emotionaly abuseing our daughters.

Asked on 10/27/10, 4:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You can try the 730 examiner again, but I'd say it's time to go see the judge and get an order for therapy.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/10, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California