Legal Question in Family Law in California

Signed a prenup before marrying. I got fooled and manipulated by his guile I loss everything and now I am back at step one trying to put myself together and now that I don't have anything he wants a divorce. Help I need legal advice.

Asked on 11/20/11, 10:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

You are unclear as to what precise advice you need -- to divorce him, bankruptcy, etc. If you signed the prenup without the ability to obtain legal counsel to review it, and he prepared the prenup, it may be invalid. But an attorney would have to know how long you have been married, what assets each brought to the marriage, how the pre-existing property was treated afterwards as it might have been converted to community property, are there any children, what type of spousal support are you looking for, his income versus yours, etc.

You need to see an attorney to figure out what you can do and what is best to do. I can provide some of the information but you probably would need to see a divorce attorney for more detailed information.

Read more
Answered on 11/20/11, 12:53 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Shers. You need to take the prenuptial to a competent family law attorney and discuss with him or her.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/11, 11:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California