Legal Question in Family Law in California

sole custodial parent obligations

can the non custodial parent

insist that the child who runs

away from custodial parent,go back home?

Asked on 10/12/06, 1:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Mccoy Law Office Of Robert McCoy

Re: sole custodial parent obligations

Insist? I suppose they can insist all they want, as can you. Of course, that does not mean a rebellious teen is going to pay any attention to it. The courts generally do not attempt to force a teen to reside with a parent that they refuse to stay with. This is an area where the courts are pretty much incapable of assisting you. You could, however, ask the court for an order sending the child to military school or to a boot camp for teens,and ask that the other parent help pay the bill.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/06, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California