Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have sole physical custody and we have joint legal custody. My son has been living with his father out of state for 2 years but the court papers have never been changed. He is refusing to let me see my son was wondering what my rights as a mother are?

Asked on 10/19/13, 10:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Your delay in taking action in California may require that you participate in a court action in the juriscdiction where the child has lived for these last two years in order to re establish a new parenting timeshare. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to review your last court order and assess your legal options.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/13, 5:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California