Legal Question in Family Law in California

How do I get spousal support that was ordered but not paid in California

Asked on 5/07/13, 9:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

There are hundreds of pages in every family law practice book and guide about this. The simple answer is you locate income or assets and attach it by wage garnishment or enforcement of judgment proceedings. You may also be able to use a contempt citation. A more detailed answer would take hours just to type, and is way beyond the scope of a free q&a service.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 11:50 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Family orders are enforceable the same as money judgments, and additionally by use of the court's contempt power.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California