Legal Question in Family Law in California

spousal support payments

Both parties are employed. I will be retiring at 100K per year and will receive a disability retirement of 45% of that amount. We have been maried for 25 years. My with earns around 60K per year and can't retire for another 5 years or so. Both our children are adults, one in college, and we have agreed to split that cost and we also agree to split the assests in half.

What will be my annual spousal support payment and for how long?

Asked on 1/10/06, 1:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Levy, Esq. Law Office of Brian Don Levy

Reply: spousal support payments

Your question requires additonal information before a meaningful opinion can be provided.

For a specific opinion regarding your individual circumstances, I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Experience is not expensive, it's priceless!

You will find some valuable information on various California family law issues including spousal support by visiting my web site.

Good luck to you!

Brian Levy, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/06, 4:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California