Legal Question in Family Law in California

It states in my current custody agreement that our child's school will not be moved if we relocate, however we are purchasing a house the next town over and she would not be allowed to attend her current school because we are out of district so how would that work with our custody. Her dad does not live in the boundary of the school either.

Asked on 6/27/17, 9:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Custody agreements can always be changed by court order upon a showing of good cause. If the parties agree on the change, it can usually be done just with paperwork and no court appearance. Talk to the family law facilitator's office or family court self help office at your county court for help with the process.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/17, 2:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California