Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm a stay at home father. My wife is in the Nave. She came home early from work today with a police escort and took my son away with nearly no explanation. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

Asked on 3/14/16, 4:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Undortunately if that's the way things are going the only thing you should be doing is hiring a lawyer. It's going to get worse before it gets better and it's going to take a lawyer to make it get any better.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/16, 5:21 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

More information is needed surrounding the circumstances of the child being taken in this fashion. I'm assuming that there's some kind of court order that was issued that the police enforced.

Immediately take that restraining order to an experienced family law attorney to review and explore your options. If your ex put false information in any of her declarations to get custody of the child, this could result in the court issuing orders limiting your ex to only seeing the child for supervised visitations if the court feels that this protection would be justified.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/16, 7:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California