Legal Question in Family Law in California


I was the primary care provider for my daughter while living with my soon to be ex-wife. She made close to $80,000 a yr and we were comfortable. Now that we are spereated, she is asking for child support AND alimony! I have no problem working out some guidelines for child support, but alimony? Since I didnt not work full time during the two years we were married, after I left her, I found it hard to find a well paying non entry level job and I'm currently going back to school. I only make about $1600 a month. What can I expect the court to say in regards to the support and alimony?

Asked on 4/18/06, 5:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damian Nolan Law Offices of Damian M. Nolan

Re: Support???

YOU may be entitled to receive spousal support from your wife - however, if you are successful the support will be very limited in duration.

My very best advice for you is immediately go out and retain a competent family law attorney to assist you.


Damian Nolan

Read more
Answered on 4/20/06, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California