Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm having trouble getting a judgment for a divorce. There is no response filed to the complaint yet the Clerk would not accept the request for default as my ex was on a payment plan. Even though there was no response we went to mediation and he signed an agreement. However he won't get it notarized and now wants to undo the agreement. Also I was told he had to file some financial preliminary stuff but he also refuses to do that.

What can I do? Clerk won't default it and he won't get the MSA notarized. DO I file a request for a judgment?

Asked on 11/14/13, 8:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

That does not make sense. If he has not filed a response, you take his default. The fact that he is on a payment plan is irrelevant. He either files a response on time, or he doesn't, how he pays for it does not apply.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 7:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California