Legal Question in Family Law in California

My wife and I agreed on a spousal support amount and now she's taking me to court for over three times that amount. More than 3/4 of my net pay and of course attorney fees. Should I continue to pay her or wait for a court order?

Asked on 7/16/13, 7:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Waters Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq.

You can wait for the order. Just because she asks for an increase in spousal support does not mean the judge will agree. Until there is a new agreement or court order, continue to pay the current amount.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 9:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California