Legal Question in Family Law in California

My wife had three kids when we got married . Then we had another . I treat them like they are my own . My wife recently went to jail . It will be some time before she gets out . Now her mother is trying to get custody of the kids . Can she ?

Asked on 5/04/16, 10:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Contact an attorney regarding your situation. There us a family code section that may be helpful to you.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/16, 10:58 am
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

But if you've been the primary care provider to the children during the course of their relationship with you, you have a strong legal standing to keep the children in your custodial care. It's also important to determine the biological father's position on the other children and on where they should reside. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/16, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California